5.14.2010

Surfin' Safari

Here's to the most beautiful babe on the beach!
Tonight was our school talent show that A (and her mom) have been preparing for during the last month. Fun in the Sun indeed! What a great show. ALL of the performers did better than they had for dress rehearsal, and I was seriously impressed with more than a handful of them - like the very first vocal, who was accompanied on the keyboard by her Dad, and the violinist who played Taylor Swift's "You belong with Me" AMAZINGLY. There were a few moments of laughing out loud, too, and I wished more than once that N was sitting next to me so I could make my funny comments to him... but the show ended up having so many priceless moments that I just HAD to buy a DVD of it, to be able to relive it with N later. Our little group of six second graders did awesome - and they couldn't have been more thrilled to be performing.   Let's go surfin' now, everybody's learnin' how...
Here are the boys with their personally designed surfboards...
A and one of her girlfriends hula-hooped and did some gymnastics tricks...and you can SORT OF see how EXCITED A was during the performance here...
And YAY! They stuck the pyramids!
Adorable, adorable, adorable! I'm so proud of her!

3 comments:

brooke said...

I am so glad that I didn't miss the event of the year!! She was the BEST!! And so was her group. I have watched the little video over and over; every time I enjoy it as much as I did on Wed. Give her a huge hug for me. She certainly is talented. You have every reason to be proud of her!!!

Col said...

I just saw a video of the rehearsal. I'm pretty sure Allison started a tornado with those hula-hoop skills. Well done!

Carlos said...

Amen! We took Josh to the campout and he called me POTEE all of the time. I wonder what that means in TYO?