5.31.2011

We.have.moved.

Oh, man, what a process. It took more blood, sweat, tears and gas money than I want to calculate, but it's done.  We're out of the Phoenix house, and into the Mesa one. Whew. I never want to move again! My advice, if you're thinking about moving, ever? Don't buy food storage. Sheesh.

So anyway - here's what I've been up to since the 3rd of May:  closing on our house, getting carpet cleaned, hiring movers, cleaning, packing, cleaning some more, touching up paint, mowing grass, getting termites treated, getting my car window fixed, pulling weeds, taking cabinets down, filling lots of holes in walls, painting our pantry, getting paint in my hair, trying to organize my kitchen, totally losing interest in American Idol, cleaning some more, sending N off on a business trip for four days,  performing in a school talent show, sending off the boys to F&S's (or boy camp, as J calls it), meeting lots of new neighbors and eating all their treats, swapping stoves, going to Home Depot, moving sheds, draining the pool and getting it acid washed, finishing up the last few days of school, getting the exterior of the Phx house painted, coordinating with renters, selling a trampoline, grocery shopping, going to the dentist, going to Home Depot again, replacing a garbage disposal, picking out paint, spending a fortune on paint, being without internet service for WAY too long, eating lots of junk & fast food, patching lots of holes in walls with Papa's help, scrubbing tile and grout with seemingly no progress, ripping out built-ins and realizing now I have to patch in the rest of the laminate floor (ugh, not fun), watching kids swim, driving to California with the other chick and her kids, spending two days sitting on the beach, going to Home Depot some more, hosting several last-minute BBQs, trying to read my book that's overdue at Cesar Chavez library, going to a new ward, getting sustained in new callings already in that new ward,  borrowing tools, getting ready for a yard sale this weekend, starting swim team and swim lessons...

so you'll forgive me if I haven't blogged lately, or if I owe you vinyl. Hopefully by this weekend my craft room will be up and running......

No comments: