3.14.2012

Idol

Ha ha ha!!! So SO happy Jermaine Jones is off the show and I never have to listen to him or see him again. Man, I knew he was an angry, unstable mess... Should have guessed that he was a dishonest slime ball criminal too.

Okay I digress... Down to business. Judges, will you PLEASE make up your minds whether you want people to "sing it straight" or "make it your own"?? Because I can't figure it out.

Phillip Phillips... I thought it was a great song choice for his voice, but he's just so limited. One-trick pony.

Jessica Sanchez... Her mouth might be Julia-Roberts huge, but her voice is great. But unlike what Will I Am thought, I didn't think she had enough swagger for that song. There's just some Latina vibe/rhythm a la J Lo or Gloria Estefan or Celia Cruz thing that she does NOT have. At least not yet, at sixteen.

By the way, I Love Will I Am. He oozes cool.

Heejun Han... I think he should have been singing Bryan Adams, instead of EVP. Yes, he enunciated the "chance" but he blew it on the "roman" instead of romance. I really want to keep liking his voice, but his accent is making it tough. It's like I'm rooting for him to pronounce everything right, instead of just being able to enjoy his songs.

Elise Testone... Her voice is good, but it seems she has to push each note out with various body parts... Her shoulders, her hands... It's like it's too much work for her when she sings. She lacks confidence and poise.

Colton Dixon... I liked him tonight more than I ever have before, but he still doesn't seem like the hard rocker that he's trying to be. Like, can you see him singing a Guns-n-Roses or Aerosmith song? He's just not BIG enough to be an Axel Rose or even a Chris Daughtry, he's not dramatic enough to be an Adam Lambert. I almost want him to go emo and maybe sing a Cure song?? I don't know.

Shannon Magrane... She's awkward for me. I don't like her angry face when she sings the big notes. Also seems to have to try too hard.

Deandre... I just. Don't care. Hate watching him. Hate listening to him. Can't wait til he goes away.

Skyler Laine... She was better tonight than usual, but it's laughable to put her in the same league as Hollie or Joshua. Go home, I'm tired of country music.

Erika Van Pelt... DidN't love the Bryan Adams choice, but I thought she did okay. I'm glad she covered up her relief society arms this week.

Joshua Ledet... Blow it out the box indeed! He's officially my new favorite guy this year. Ready to record, I think. Why do his eyes always look bloodshot though? Too many crawfish??

Hollie Cavanaugh... I just realized who she reminds me of... She's a grown up version of Abby Risenmay. (one of the choices I've picked out for Josh's future wife) She killed it! Love her. Effortless. She's great.

1 comment:

Amberly said...

hey! we agree on stuff! so glad germaine is gone. SO glad. I finally came around to joshua last night, it is just effortless for him while so many others are trying a little too hard. same for hollie- natural. I wanna like shannon but she's faltered too many times. love colton but he does need to find his niche quick.