9.09.2010

Thursday thoughts.

It's been a very good couple of weeks - why, you ask?
- Fitness challenge is OVER
- I read "Mockingjay" and though didn't love the ending, really, really ended up liking the series overall.
- J loves his preschool class and is so proud to show you his projects
- N got a promotion
- small miracle - I had a thought one morning to go get something out of my car, immediately, and I found J in my front seat. He had popped out several "M&Ms" from their packaging and had them all laid out, ready to eat. I don't know what eating half a dozen adult-strength antihistamines would have done to him, but I'm glad I got there in time so we didn't have to find out.
- my sore throat/cough only turned into a cold, versus a nasty strep throat or sinus infection
- N took all three kids to the cabin last weekend, and I had 48 hours to myself
- I was able to get a bunch of scrapbook pages finished up
- I went shopping on Saturday for MYSELF and actually found a few shirts to wear that don't have holes or stains - amazing
- Went out with some old girlfriends on Saturday night and had a great time eating mexican food, laughing at a Jesterz show - and then enjoying dessert at Yogurtland
- I went to church ALL by myself - and yes I was on time - and actually was able to pay attention to what was going on in sacrament meeting
- Washed and vacuumed my car and got all the cabin dirt off of it
- Got the yard cleaned up on Monday and it looks SO much better
- Enjoyed FHE with some friends on Monday night
- Got a couple of vinyl projects designed
- Was able to make MUCH progress on J's quilt thanks to Grandma
- Got my A/C fixed for FREE even though we were three weeks out of the warranty period
- Went and helped out in M's classroom today. I love her teacher!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

as a long time reader and mother... I hate to hear that you found your 2 year old ALONE in a car with dangerous pills...I don't understand how you feel it is okay/responsible to announce this on a blog?!?

Margaret said...

Ok...anonymous...sign your name...

Shellie: You are a wonderful mother!! You have healthy, bright kids and you listened to the spirit when prompted...

I am amazed at what you are able to accomplish!! It was a great week!!

Sara said...

To anonymous: *Announcing* the incident on her blog is neither responsible nor irresponsible.

Shellie: Score on the A/C fix! It's too hot to go without A/C!

Mandy said...

Thanks for the reminder how important it is to listen to the promptings of the Spirit! It's amazing how a simple thought can make such a difference if we follow through on the actions. Glad lil J is safe because his mom listens!