10.18.2010

Monday with M

We're in the bad part of M's mood cycle, it seems. It been rough for the last few days; something is always setting her off and making her upset. Last night after throwing a massive fit at Grandma's house and screaming and kicking our seats all the way home, she tore off all the covers on her own bed and ended up sleeping on the guest bed, in her underwear, because she refused to do anything else - sigh. This morning she was a cranky zombie walking around, so I suggested she go run on the treadmill (Hey, it totally cheers me up!) and she perked up instantly. She ran/walked for almost 5 minutes, until A got involved and wanted to do it too, sigh... but it helped, I think, a little. After going upstairs to get ready (thank goodness her favorite skirt was clean!) she had on a hoodie over her shirt, as well as leggings under her skirt, when she asked me if I thought it was going to be hot today. When I said yes, probably, and suggested she take either the hoodie or the leggings off, that set her off again, she freaked and threw a fit. She finally, reluctantly got in the car to go to school, but was sobbing by the time I dropped her off. Sigh. I wish there was injection I could give her that was a liquid form of "sleep".

1 comment:

Alison said...

Ummm, there is - it's called Melatonin. :) All Natural liquid I occasionally give my kids to help them sleep. Especially if they've been super tired and cranky. I give it to them about 6 pm, then by 7, they are ready to just fall over. It's lovely. :) Maybe she needs some good exercise though since they aren't getting an afternoon recess anymore at school. I would let her use the treadmill every morning, then after school to wear her out!