2.29.2012

Idol girls.

Chelsea Sorrell... Nasal is right. She's no Carrie Underwood. I predict we won't have to see her for much longer. Plus, you know how I feel about country.

Erika Van Pelt... This girl seems like somebody i'd be friends with. She reminds me of Kelly Clarkson a bit. Strong, confident, effortless. Great song choice. Let's keep her!

Jen Hirsch... Risky taking on an Adele song, but Wow, this girl's got mad skills. Love her voice.

Brielle 'aka Snookie' Von Hugel... Her performance was the complete opposite of that song and its lyrics. Why are you screaming at me about sitting on the dock of the bay?? Wrong, wrong song choice, no matter what the judges said. She's so tacky.

Hallie Day... An adult among a bunch of children. It's a wonder she's not a professional singer already. She reminds me of Jessica Rabbit, am I right?? Wow, she's good.

Skyler Laine... Reba??? Reba wannabe, maybe. She does not have the legs to be wearing Tinkerbell's dress, honestly now. Nick says she has Smurfette's hair... Spot on. This is one of the reasons I love my husband... He can be as snarky as me about Idol contestants.

Baylie Brown... On key much, honey?? Per Nick: she performs like she's on the talent portion of a Miss America pageant... And guess what, she wouldn't win there either.

Hollie Cavanagh... I think I have a new favorite!!! I was a little worried when the song started, because Christina Aguilera's voice is a hard act to follow, but she Totally rocked it. Loved, loved, loved her performance.

Haley Johnsen... Annie Lennox you ain't, Sharon Stone you are. Strong voice, horrible performance. She won't last through tomorrow's cut.

Shannon Magrane... If we're talking about lookalikes, she reminds me of Carrie Underwood. Her voice and performance are VERY impressive for a 16-year-old. Wow, she's good, hope she stays.

Jessica Sanchez... If you've seen Dreamgirls, you'll know that this was just about as brilliant as Jennifer Hudson's rendition. This girl is phenomenal. And she actually looks her age, which I appreciate. Standing O indeed.

Elise Testone... Okay, she's good too!! Love the tone of her voice, but I'm never a fan of her outfit or makeup choices.

So who I like... Hollie Cavanagh, Jessica Sanchez, Hallie Day, Erika Van Pelt, Jen Hirsch, Shannon Magrane, Elise Testone

No comments: