4.22.2008

I've set a new record!

It cost me $71.00 to fill up my gas tank today. Highest ever. Don't ya just love it??

Thanks to J for her enlightening email, including the following:

Remember the election in 2006?
A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5%;
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;
6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.


America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!

Quote of the day "My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama

2 comments:

Amberly said...

I sense sarcasm. he's totally getting my vote.

Anonymous said...

George Will's recent column, "Candidate on a High Horse", reflects my aversion to Obama as President and by extension, modern liberalism.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/14/AR2008041402450.html?hpid=opinionsbox1