9.03.2008

A mystery to me...

My almost 7-year-old is, well, almost seven. And unnecessarily wears a pullup to bed every night 99% of the time. Uncannily, however, the two or three times she hasn't this summer, guess what... I've been washing bedding the next morning. Including today. I'm even going to have to wash her quilt, dust ruffle, and clean the carpet in her room today too. I keep thinking she's over this! Grown out of it! What's the deal-i-o? We don't get her up at night anymore - a lot of times she gets up on her own. Even when she doesn't, she still wakes up dry. She doesn't drink too much (I don't think, but who pays attention?) How does her sleeping body know when she's not wearing a princess pullup? Sheesh! Honestly!Seriously, folks - what's the solution?? Is my daughter doomed to wear a pullup forever? What the heck is her husband going to say??

6 comments:

Natalie said...

my 6 year old is still wearing pull-ups as well. I think she is so tired by the time she goes to bed that she doesn't wake up to go to the bathroom. I feel your pain!

Aubrey said...

Is that a picture of Allison on the front of that Pull-Ups package?

Scrap Happy said...

No, I didn't spend THAT much time in Photoshop this morning.

Codie said...

My nephew who is 9 still wears a pullup. The Dr. says his body can't physically wake himself up to go. He is in the adult pullups now and my sister-in-law is dying at the cost. Hang in there.

robyn said...

I have a great aunt that wears them too. It's not that bad, and if the doctor prescribes them, you can pay for them using your flexible spending account.

Cameron

Carlos said...

Thanks for the valuable tax tip. Thanks a lot. Next family reunion, everyone will be looking people in the eye wondering if they are the one referred to.