11.05.2008

Just to clarify.

I've got too much worry in me today. I fear for my country. I fear for our military. I fear the idea of redistribution. I fear for Wall Street. And for my ever-shrinking retirement. And tax increases and plans that will keep us in a down market and keep people from investing. I fear the fairness doctrine. And partial-birth abortions that my new president-elect is perfectly okay with. And all other abortions, for that matter. I fear the partisan people Obama is already putting in place (Rahm). I fear that many, many people see Obama as some kind of "Messiah". Dangerous. I fear for small business owners. I think that a $3000 tax credit for every full-time employee hired is a complete joke. Yeah, that's REALLY going to stimulate something. I loathe the partisan members of the media who are GIDDY after THEIR candidate won. I loathe the "victim" mentality that is perpetuated by liberalism with too many government programs, too many excuses, too many rescues, affirmative action, and actually any talk of race whatsoever. I am disgusted by the idea of entitlement.

I can breathe easier, however, because I do believe that the country DOES have some core conservative principles in place. Arizona, California, and Florida all voted FOR marriage. Awesome. Now can we please find a candidate that will walk the walk of conservatism, please? Of limited government and INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY that we NEED to get this country back on the side of RIGHT. Not left, not liberal, not democrat, not republican. Just RIGHT.

3 comments:

Carlos said...

Fear is the antithesis of faith. I like that. We still have a lot to hold on to.

Justin said...

I think you might like this post by my friend Thomas: http://happywarriorintraining.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-believe-barak-obama-and-you-should.html

Thomas also has some good points here:

http://happywarriorintraining.blogspot.com/2008/11/we-lost-now-what.html

Justin said...

The previous post was actually from Ashlee...I didn't know Justin used my laptop...