11.30.2008

Check. Check. Check.


Too much to do. Too much to buy, think about, experience, share with my kids, bake, wrap, coordinate, decorate, create... trying to catch the Christmas spirit here, but finding it stressful amongst all the things on my to-do list. I thought I had seriously simplified my Christmas card this year, but I'm still finding the process taking way too long. Again, the mess on my dining room table is lasting WAY too long already. The idea of driving around town to go shopping for gifts makes me gag. The idea of staying home to try and finish all the homemade ones is almost as bad. I don't know how to make the magic of "Santa" happen with my kids, when I just CAN'T/WON'T get them everything on their lists... and when we're not going to be at home for Christmas morning anyway. I don't know what to get several people on my list, including my son and my husband. I've SO MANY craft projects I'd really like to finish by Christmas. Including 5 Nephite costumes, aprons, Christmas cards, my clipboard advent calendar, glass blocks, wooden block nativities, something for my visiting teachees whom I've ignored the past few months, a new wreath for my front door that looks like - but is less expensive - than the cool square one from Ballard Designs, and that silly wool penny rug I started like 5 years ago. I swear, I need a personal assistant from October to January every year. I'm nervous we're not going to be able to afford to actually feed 100-150 people for the Christmas party like we've planned. I've no idea how to coordinate 15 people's schedules in order to pre-record our Christmas program. I think I definitely need a different calling by next Christmas...

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I have some cute old clothespin legs, fluffy 'wooly' sheep ornaments for your VT. They were used for a VT conference deal that I did several years ago. Let me know if you want some. If you would just relocate to Missouri... I could help you on your list. It looks fun!!!