3.03.2010

This week.

I have been finishing up some long-neglected scrapbook pages, with titles and journaling and such. Feels good to get them out of my "unfinished" piles and into albums. Now if I can stay motivated to finish that Christmas present for my parents... Christmas '09 - let me be done with you!

I have spent many hours working on logos for Girls' camp t-shirts. They are "SUPER" cute and fun, if I do say so myself!

I'm frustrated that our lawn mower is broken. Again. I can't remember how many times we've gotten mowers fixed, I think this is #3 of our married life already, and N wants to buy a new one again. Does anyone else have such mower issues? Seems like it shouldn't be that complicated to keep it running!

M keeps saying disturbing things. Yes, she has a white-hot temper, and yes, to say she's overly dramatic is the understatement of the year, but it worries me when something minor happens at school, or we have to force her to brush her teeth at night, and then she says everybody hates her, she's going to run away, she wants to kill herself... honestly, these things have come out of her mouth this week and I've no idea what to do about it. ???

I think I have a pulled muscle in my back, and it seriously pains me to twist, bend, and especially lift J. It's been a couple of weeks now, and doesn't seem to be getting any better. What to do? Perhaps it's from serving in volleyball? Or maybe it's the thousands of Nerf bullets I've been bending down to pick up in the last month... (I tell you, J is obsessed with Nerf guns - his shot is deadly!)

I thought Idol was much better this week than last. Sad that Janell is gone, but THRILLED that the other three left. Good riddance, Tyler! Not sure who I want to leave this week... possibly Jermaine, Haeley, Lacey... ? Afraid that John Park is on his way out too...

I discovered Photoshop actions. Yeah, I know, I'm about 10 years later that everyone else. But HOLY COW = cool. Please, everyone send me, or direct me, to your favorites.

J has proven himself to be quite the little mess maker. Usually during his naps I jump on the treadmill with no worries, but often lately he has balked at the idea of napping, and chooses instead to trash my house while I run. It's as if he's entered some competition - how much destruction can I cause whilst Mom is otherwise occupied? Sheesh!

I'm eating my daily recommended servings of fiber each day. Not as hard as first thought. Avacados have to be the perfect food, in my book, at more than 10g each!

I have broken out the glass cleaner and tried to resurrect some of our glass and mirrors in the house. Wow, I should really clean more often.

I have officially decided to save the money and skip the CK scrapbook convention in Mesa this year. It's AWFUL knowing I won't be there, but I'm trying to look at the thousands of supplies I already have in my lovely craft room with a new attitude, and hopefully find some fresh ideas to motivate me to use them.

I'm so sore from Cindy's strength training yesterday morning I can't hardly move. M kept leaning on my thigh while watching Idol tonight and I thought it was going to kill me!

I am planning to meet up with an old college roommate this weekend. The thought of her and her cute family makes me smile.

I am looking forward to Spring Break with all of the activities it will hold. I'm sure I will end the week more tired than when I start it...

1 comment:

nurselisa said...

I absolutely CAN NOT believe you are not going to the convention!!!!! I finally move back to AZ and have TOTALLY been missing the scrapbook scene, (because they have nothing in Oregon!) and now my favorite scrap booking buddy isn't GOING!!!!!!!
SOOOO not good!!! You HAVE to at LEAST go to the vender faire with me! I'll pay!!!!