6.12.2010

Mini Me

I think I've mentioned how much my 8-year-old acts like me - her reading habit is exactly like mine, and she'll ignore all else and stay up 'til all hours of the night when engrossed in a book. We picked up the forms for the library's Summer Reading Program I think Tuesday or Wednesday this week.  Even when I insisted that each book had to be at least 50 pages - - by Thursday afternoon each of my girls (M was spurred on by A, even though she's not nearly as fast of a reader) had read and recorded their THIRTY books in order to earn all their prizes. Darn the library for being closed on Friday, but we DID visit today and picked up quite the haul!  This year we'll have to be sure and actually USE those free D-backs tickets...

Another way A is like me is her love for organizing things. She keeps taking over other areas of the house, say J's closet, or the corner of my bedroom, or the top shelf of the linen closet..... to create her "clubs" where everything (art supplies, mainly) is lined up and sorted by color. She even draws "maps" of her spaces that detail where everything is supposed to go. I've wished a hundred times that she would apply this love of keeping things clean and orderly to her ROOM, but hey...maybe someday.

Again, today, I saw A being my little mimic. I mean, I knew she was the budding artist in the house and all, but get this - She took it upon herself to create a wall of "art" in her room this week, and now she wants to sell her pictures! There were dozens of colored pencil pictures she'd drawn and taped up on the wall, with this accompanying sign... 
She also taped a little clear envelope on the wall to hold all the money that she's planning on earning.  So cute - I think her mom's habit of hocking stuff on Ebay and to her friends has rubbed off on her!  She was bugging me all evening tonight to get the pictures Daddy took of all her masterpieces up on her blog so she can sell them!  So, without further ado, here's a sampling of what's available, if you want an original by A!  (These are the post-it notes otherwise known as "little ones")   Sorry, Daddy already bought the best ones...and I think she was in such a hurry to get several done that this isn't her best or neatest work -  but I'm sure if you have a request she would be more than happy to create a custom piece for you and actually take her time!  She came in a while ago talking about her newest piece, in progress, entitled "Make it Ripe" with images of strawberries on it.....







I will make her blog public, at least for the moment, so you can go visit.  I'm also half-tempted to set up a paypal address for her - I've got a feeling she's going to need it eventually!  I love my girl!    http://www.creativityally.blogspot.com/   You'll notice a couple of other posts she's written on there, along with all of her most favorite recent songs on her playlist. Enjoy!

No comments: