4.01.2011

B-b-b-Bennie and the Jetsssssss

You know it was good when two days later, I've still got Haley's rendition of the Elton John song running through my head. LOVED it, love her.

Okay Idol fans - I know I haven't posted in a while, but believe me, it's not because I haven't been watching, I've just been short on time (and tired of talking about people I didn't like, because there were so many) Plus, I was a little resentful that the riff raff was moving on (Karen, Naima) and great singers like Kendra had been sent home.

But now, thanks to the awesomeness of America, we're getting somewhere. I applaud the judges for saving Casey last week. And thank goodness he trimmed up his hair and beard - he doesn't look so much like a uni-bomber anymore.

I have to say I am a bit impatient to get to the top six - which should be Pia, Haley, James, Casey, Stefano, and Lauren, and then on to the top five - - which should be, Pia, Haley, James, Casey and Stefano, and then on to the top four - - which should be Pia, Haley, James, and Casey... but after that I'm biting my nails because I don't know who should win... honestly!

I'm just crossing my fingers that America gets it right again next week and sends either Scotty or Jacob home. It's beyond me why everyone loves Jacob's voice. Gag. All I hear is over-singing and too many runs and weirdness, and all I see is a grown-up Gary Coleman who has a freaky mouth and poor fashion sense. Scotty, I'm totally bored with, and honestly I hate country music so I usually fast forward through his performances. Paul, I'm sure, will go home next week, but will be interesting at least to hear sing one more time. Maybe.

SIDENOTE - how cool is Will I Am?? Even singing a song for a cartoon, he rocks it.

Another sidenote - I'm loving how professional all the mentors are that they are having the contestants work with. Being with the same producers every week seems to be producing a much more consistent, higher quality acts instead of randomness each week coming from artists that may or may not have much music sense (Ahem, Miley Cyrus). Two thumbs up for all the changes they've made this year, including the judges and bringing on Interscope Studios. Also, I totally enjoyed having the small groups perform last night, versus a song that tries to incorporate Everyone (which never turns out great).

SO - - who's your favorite? And please, watch this if you haven't:


2 comments:

Staci Kramer said...

I wrote a long manifesto about all of the remaining contestants but couldn't bring myself to post it on my blog because then I'm going to feel like I have to post about AI again and again as the season progresses and I know I wont do it and then feel lame. Plus it was so venomous I decided to keep my negativity to myself. I am going to email it to you though because you are the only one I know who will appreciate it.

The Malone's said...

I finally watched bits and pieces of idol and happened to watch this girl sing. Yeah im ok that I don't watch it. But I think you should give stewart from The Vig a call and you could recap with him!