3.02.2011

Get Lucky.

Lucky LETTERS, that is.


I stole borrowed this idea from http://youcraftmeup.blogspot.com/. I liked the idea of "Lucky" instead of "Luck" though, so really it's ALL NEW and ALL MY IDEA, as far as you know. I used a 2x8 that I had lying around for this project, which I would not recommend, unless you have a fancier saw than I do. It was tough to cut wood that thick. And my letters are all screwy from back to front because of it (no, actually I MEANT them to be that way, nevermind) However, I love the way they turned out, and love how chunky they are, so maybe the 2x8 was worth it after all. Thinner MDF would have gone much faster though.
Of course I had the mod podge, paint, gems, ribbon and scrapbook paper laying around too, so this project didn't cost me a cent. (J keeps on stealing the gems off of the letters though - he insists that he needs the big blue ones to decorate his Lightning McQueen car) - as soon as I make it out to a store I want to look for some glittery shamrocks and maybe some gold coins to add to it too. If you'd like to make some LUCKY letters of your own, leave me a comment and I'll email you the letter files I used for templates, so you don't have to re-invent the wheel like I already did.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

7 comments:

Ingelheim Five said...

Shellie, you are one clever girl. Love to see your ideas. Good job on this one! xo

Torey said...

Sooooo cute and yes, I'd love the file. Your font is perfect!

Holly and Ryan said...

Want it. bluestarmo@gmail.com

Lindsey said...

I would love a copy! Such a cute decoration. lindsey.parmenter@hotmail.com

Deirdre Eagar said...

i cut mine out today! MDF was super easy. hopefully i can run get paper tomorrow and finish them up!! THANKS!!

Alison said...

love it! The font is cute and I like the chunky wood - it's sturdy and just dang cute. :)

jaust.me said...

So cute! how did I miss this?
I totally need a pattern, please!

Monique