3.01.2011

Idol - top 12 boys.

I can't even agree with that title - no way José do I believe that these twelve guys are the best that auditioned in the country. But, it is what it is, and at least there's a few worthy in this group. (More so than in the girls' group, methinks!) Here's my take on tonight. Underwhelmed, at best. Somebody also needs to buy Steven Tyler a thesaurus, because the only adjective he could come up with was "beautiful".

Clint Jun Gamboa - he actually did pretty well, though I couldn't understand most of the words in his version of "Superstitious"... great voice though. He might win me over yet.
Jovany - TIME TO GO HOME. Snoozefest. I didn't know that song "I'll Be" could be sung with that little style. Gag. Is he trying to get through on his looks? Because he honestly kind of creeps me out.
Jordan Dorsey - seriously, dude? Usher? I love Usher. I'm shaking my head in disgust just thinking about it. Not a chance in heck that he EVER would have pulled that off. Worst song choice ever. That was painful to watch from the moment he yanked off his jacket. You know how they say there's some artists that "you just don't do" - - well Jordan, you personally should never, never try to do Usher. Ever.
Tim Halperin - oh, he's fun to watch sing, isn't he? But tonight? Heavy sigh. Wish he would have gone with a slower song choice, to show off his tone. Afraid he might not be around to show us much more.
Brett Loewenstern - Ewww. Ewww. Ewww. The kid has more product in his hair and wears more jewelry than any guy ever should. Dumb, dumb song choice with "Light my Fire". Hate his girly, bizarre vibe oh, so much. Is it just me, or does he seem like the type that could turn and pull a Columbine on his high school classmates? I'm just sayin'.
James Durbin - entertaining, though I don't know that such a heavy metal song would be my choice for the very first one in front of an audience. I still love, love his voice though.
Robbie Rosen - awww, he's just so sweet he makes me smile. I don't think he's quite an Archuleta, but he's close. I feel like he certainly has the talent, and I hope he sticks around.
Scotty "Randy Travis" McCreery - I'm SO not a fan of country music. At. All. But, I think he did very well tonight. Picked a great song to show off his voice. Overall he's just a little dull for me though.
Stefano - well well well we have a competitor! NICE job on "Just the way you are" - but maybe I just love that song. His clean tone and smile are just delicious, though MAN is he short. Even Seacrest towers over him! (He's not the only shorty - Clint "Jun Bug" is too)
Paul McDonald - couldn't have picked a better artist to cover than Rod Stewart. Great, great song for his voice, though I prefer when he's got his guitar. His teeth are obnoxiously white. We're talking Ross from Friends white. Am I right?
Jacob Lusk - UGH, do I even have to comment? His voice and tone just turn me off SO MUCH, and I'm baffled every time the judges fawn over him. And by the way, somebody needs to take him shoe shopping, because he is always wearing bright white tennis shoes with every outfit, and it looks ridiculous. For a gay guy, you think he'd have a little better fashion sense.
Casey Abrams - his song choice of "I put a spell on you" was interesting, if not amazing. Seemed like he screamed it the whole time. And I think his look would be vastly improved if he wore a hat, especially with that kind of song. Something like Matt Giraud would have worn?

Are we really going to send seven of these guys home on Thursday? I don't like that it has to be even numbers of guys and girls, because I think there are many more guys this year than girls who deserve top ten...

2 comments:

Brie said...

I am still undecided about some of these boys. I really liked some in the audition rounds and then eh, they were okay last night. I do like Robbie just because he is a cutie and even though his style of music isn't my favorite I like Scotty. He is just such a good ol' country boy.
I think Brett is going to give me nightmares. He CREEPS me out!

jaust.me said...

I honestly don't know the names still of some of these guys, but I wish I had paid attention better. I didn't realize that the narrow down process was going so fast and I didn't even vote. My top 5 are Casey, Casey, Casey, just kidding, but he is by far the best, James, Scotty (still don't love country, but I love his simple personality),and Paul. Oh wait, that's only 4. That's because I couldn't care less about any of the others. The kid who looks like Alladin drives me crazy. The one who sang Usher should stop listening to whoever is giving him advice.