1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. Unless I can't find a box!
2. Real or Artificial tree?
Fake, as long as we live in Phoenix. If we move somewhere else, though, I'm going real again.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Since we have a fake one now, it went up 2 days after Thanksgiving!
4. When do you take down the tree?
As soon as possible. Before New Years, if I have time.
5. Do you like eggnog?
eh... not really. Storebought stuff is kind of nasty, and no one makes it anymore.
6. Favorite gift as a child?
A cedar chest from my Grandpa Hardy.
7. Do you have a nativity set?
8. Hardest person to buy for?
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Allison. Knows what she wants early, and sticks with her list.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got?
hmmm... none stand out, though I've gotten some doozies.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. Handmade. Dozens and dozens of them.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Elf. Miracle on 34th Street.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Try to make gifts all year long. Shopping usually begins hard-core early November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Rarely. But I ALWAYS recycle handmade Christmas cards that other people send me.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Those peanut butter kiss cookies (nipple cookies). Pecan Tassies. Mexican Wedding Cookies.
16. Colored or clear lights on the tree?
Clear. It's the only way to go.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night (Clay Aiken's version). Big Red Hat (Harry Connick Jr.) Carol of the Bells. Santa Claus is Coming to Town (Cindy Lauper and Frank SInatra version).
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Hmmm... tough call. Have done both! Getting different with my kids, though - so we will probably stay home for many years to come.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes. And I know how to spell Donder as well.
20. Angel on top of the tree or star?
Star. The shepherds didn't follow an angel to Bethlehem, hello...
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
Only on Christmas morning. I'm a purist.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Traffic and slow cashiers
23. What do you enjoy most about Christmas?