9.18.2009

Stuff to blog about.

Movies I recommend:

17 Again. If you rented this and didn't like it, well, I JUST don't understand you. Granted, Matthew Perry was abysmal, but Zac Efron was great. Loved the dance with the cheerleaders. The dinner scene where friend Ned and his date start speaking... well, I don't want to give it away... was the funniest thing I'd seen in a VERY long time. Laughing. Out. Loud.

Hannah Montana. I sat with my girls and watched this, and actually enjoyed it. How can you not like the "hoedown throwdown" song? True, you have to go in with sort of low expectations... but for what it is, I think it's entertaining.

Movie I DON'T recommend? 500 Days with Summer. What a waste of 2 admissions. I thought with the quirky, likeable lead actors - that Zooey chick, and the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun, it had promise... but it turns out neither can really carry a movie. Only redeeming quality it had was the dance scene. Hmmm... I think I'll see if it's on Youtube.



Crafty inspiration:

www.thepinkstamper.blogspot.com Has awesome cricut videos, how-tos, etc.

www.sherrywright.typepad.com Love the card and scrapbook-y designs. Will be scraplifting some soon.



Exercise to get:

PLEASE, someone, start showing up for volleyball! My favorite way to spend Monday and Thursday mornings has completely fizzled the last month!

Cindy's Strength Training class on Tuesdays will make you completely sore and sweaty. What more are you looking for from a workout?? Please join us!




TV Shows:

Is anyone watching this season of Project Runway? Let's discuss...

FRINGE. Wow, I'm liking this show more and more! Think X-Files meets Alias meets Conspiracy Theory. Love it.

On the fence about GLEE. Could be such a fun, colorful, cute show... but I'm nervous about some of the themes... especially if he ends up leaving his wife, even though she's a beeyotch. Did I seriously just type that?



DVDs to rent:

You've probably heard it from Rachel, and she's completely right. PUSHING DAISIES is delightful, even though it kind of leaves you hanging at the series finale...



Food:

I'm all about fast food dollar menus lately. I know, so healthy, right? But who can resist a double cheeseburger for a buck when you don't have to dirty any dishes?

Sonic drinks are like old friends. We've been meeting up more and more lately.

I forgot about this blog: http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/ but need to get reacquainted, methinks.



The State Fair:

I can get free tix for one Friday next month... does anybody want to go with me? I haven't eaten anything cooked on a stick for a while.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I agree with 17 again...but hello. 500 days of Summer was GREAT! I loved it.

Cherie said...

Finally someone in the blogging world that agrees with me....500 days of Summer was soooo overrated!
And hot dog for the land of Sonic drinks.

Cherie said...

Sorry to disagree with you Courtney....from the babysitter..