11.29.2009

Thanksgiving 2009:

Pictures? Not a one. Sigh. The tables, set for 17 - gorgeous, new plates - awesome, napkins, napkin rings, glasses and tablecloth - great finds, company - spectacular, kids - played together wonderfully, even though Bria "ruined M's life" again, food - WOW, it was good, if I do say so myself. And it was all hot and ready at the same time, on time. A feat in itself. For my memory's sake, I'll record what we served...

The menu:

Appetizers - Stuffed Mushrooms, Veggie Tray, Hawaiian Bread Bowl and Dill Dip, Wheat Thins and Purple Cheese, Queso Dip and Chips

Dinner - Amazing BRINED Turkey (Totally the way to go!), Stuffing, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Trader Joe's Salad, Twice baked Sweet Potatoes (need that recipe!), Green Beans, Cranberry sauce straight out of a can (my favorite), Awesome Rolls by Raedeen

Dessert - Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie and Denten's Apple Pudding-Spice Cake thing.


Maybe this hosting-Thanksgiving thing ain't so bad, because I've enjoyed some top-notch leftovers for three days now. I actually look forward to the turkey sandwiches afterward more than the dinner, I think... I also got to control the menu, including all my favorites and must-haves, and passing off all the stuff I didn't want to make to guests coming. Thanks everyone... it was great! And honey, I promise to make the lemon meringue pie this week!

1 comment:

Amberly said...

it was excellent. and I'll trade you the recipe for a piece of the lemon meringue pie...