10.13.2008

Manda

As I was filling up the sink to do yet another pile of dishes today (our dishwasher's been broken for more than a week), Manda pulled up a chair alongside me to help.

"I'm a good helper, huh mom?"

For sure!

"Doing dishes can be one of my chores, okay?"

Sounds fabulous to me.

I then left Manda with scrub brush and bubbles up to her elbows to go put Josh down for a nap. THEN I got sidetracked by emails in my office (I swear, that's the first time that's ever happened) From downstairs, I hear:

"Hey MOM! Can you help me with the dishes please??"

Okay, okay...

A few minutes later, as she's washing, and I'm re-washing, and rinsing, I say:

"Manda, you are so good at doing dishes! Should we tell Daddy what a good helper you are?"

"Okay Mom. Why don't you write it on his blog so he can read about it?"

Sounds good to me.

4 comments:

Karen said...

That is so funny. I am glad you have a good helper.

brooke said...

Good job, Shellie!
Start now and she may find enjoyment in it later in life! Isn't that how it works--

cleaning toilets can be next! Right!

Brad and Audrey said...

Thank you so much for bringing the Halloween blocks over! They are very cute!

CHECKETTS BUNCH said...

This is darling - AND - I love the Star Wars re-enactment. We will definately have to try and get in on that one someday. What craft are you doing now?