11.20.2007

Thankssticking

Today was Manda's preschool Thanksgiving party. They had a fruit salad that they all helped to make, and then the parents came to hear their little "program." The kids sang a couple of turkey and pilgrim songs, and then the teacher asked each child one at a time what they were thankful for. They all said things like "my house" "my mom and dad" "my friends" - - etc, and then it was Manda's turn.

Teacher - "Amanda, what are you thankful for?"
Manda - "My chapstick."

Have I completely failed as a parent?

7 comments:

The reviewers said...

That is hilarious... that is honestly the thing Kiah would say she was thanful for too. She is absolutly obsessed with chapstick or aka "lipstick"! They will get along :)

Let's get together to make bows or something sometime!!!

-Raynie

The reviewers said...

oh and check out my friends website for blog layouts...
http://www.matiekay.blogspot.com/

let me know if you need anything else!!!

-Raynie

bryn said...

tate said he was thankful for santa during his preschool festival today. yes, i feel a bit a failure!

Karen said...

I think it is funny, at least you know she is not afraid to be different from everyone else.

The Malone's said...

Think about it, where would we be with out Chapstick? I say right on to her!

Courtney said...

Go Amanda! I don't know what I would do without chapstick either!

Sandi said...

I say you are a complete success. A child who doesn't follow the pack, kewl.