11.22.2007

Thankful

Today was a great day. I am so blessed to have my husband and kids that I do, for my great family and friends, my talents, our great jobs, our beautiful house... and I could go on and on.

*My husband is such a good man, who impresses me daily with his knowledge and strength and willingness to support me in all of my silly endeavors. He sacrificed his traditional turkey day football so I could go run a 5K this morning (mind you, I just decided to do this last night after jackie talked me into it) helped clean the house, took care of the kids practically all day, (I don't think I fed Josh even once), did dozens of dishes with me after dinner, and then put all the kids to bed while I went to a movie. Wow! I really feel like we are such a good team, and we can accomplish A LOT when we want to. I did well when I married him.

--- By the way, I LOVED the movie "Enchanted". Absolute must-see. I may even pay to see it again in a theater. And yes, I will take my girls to it.

*My kids are fantastic. Really. The girls are so independent and beautiful and helpful and smart and funny and polite and loving..... and Josh has to be the best baby that ever lived. The three of them TRULY enjoy eachother.

*I have wonderful inlaws. I feel sorry for people who don't get along with the inlaw family. I think to a point it's a state of mind, but mine really is great. And they put on quite a Thanksgiving dinner to boot! The deep-fried turkey was excellent! I am thankful that my husband gets along and enjoys my family equally as much.

*I have some really good new friends here in Phoenix. And a few really old ones too, who truly care about me and what's going on in my life, and want me to be happy. I have a few dear friends in other places too, and I get a lump in my throat thinking about them, because I miss being around them so much.

*I am thankful for my talents. I feel like I can tackle most any kind of project and be somewhat successful. I make a mean pumpkin cheesecake.

*We have the best jobs, and are so blessed that I can stay home with the kids without facing financial difficulties. I usually work in my pajamas in the middle of the night. I always have money to buy scrapbook stuff without feeling very guilty.

I'm also thankful to NOT have any plans to shop this weekend. Black Friday crowds? You can have 'em!

5 comments:

Carlos said...

Shellie, it sounds like you have a real "cracker-jack" life. I expecially (purposefully spelled to gain sympathy with those who speak English poorly) liked the part about the in-laws. You know, this sounds like a real "cracker-jack" couple of families you have there. The desserts were delicious, but NOTHING is better than Pecan pie.

Sandi said...

Shellie, Thank you for being such an energetic, positive, fun person. I have really enjoyed getting to know you better. I love your family.

Aubrey said...

I can vouch for the pumpkin cheesecake. Mmm.... I definitely need the recipe for that one.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my sweet wife.

The reviewers said...

OOOHHH... I love the post, and you have such a cute family!!!