11.26.2007

A quick Poll...

What does the term "sweet bread" mean to you? To me, it covers all the pumpkin bread, zucchini bread, banana bread, etc... varieties. And imagining such, I asked for "sweet bread" as part of the Christmas party breakfast signup sheet yesterday. Nick, however, felt compelled to direct me to wikipedia:

"Sweetbreads is the name of a dish made of the thymus gland or pancreas of an animal younger than one year old. These animals are usually lambs or calves." Sick.

Give me a break. No one actually knows or assumes this, right?

5 comments:

Sandi said...

I knew it, but I didn't really read the sign ups, because, uh, I can't think of a good because, I'm just a ditz sometimes. Let me know what you need me to bring.

The Malone's said...

I too thought of both the good tasting bread, but then seeing it written, I thought of the gland thing. I say make it "muffins or bread" type thing.

Alicia said...

I thought of the glands. But I hadn't ever heard that term until just a few years ago, and only because I watch the Food Network. I'm guessing that most people would think of the quick breads.

bryn said...

i know that thymus glad and pancreas did not spring to mind when i saw the words "sweet bread" eekk!

Amberly said...

I'm with you on this one. sweet breads simply sound delicious, why does nick need to make them sound gross?!