11.27.2007

In Full Swing...

We're all about Christmas over here. Fall is almost completely put away, and Christmas is mostly up - including our tree! You know, for most of my life I pronounced that I'd never have an artificial one. Last year, however, I gave in, because it's just completely wrong to go pick out a half-dead tree in a grocery store parking lot wearing a t-shirt and flip-flops. I've trudged through the snow carrying two kids to cut down "the one" before, and until I can do it again, fakesies it is. I must admit it is kind of nice to be able to put it up so early. The girls claimed my little trees as their own this year, and insisted on putting their ornaments on them. Works out well, actually, because there's three kids and three trees, and now they'll leave mine alone to decorate it as I please. Yes, that's a mini Sleeping Beauty dress in the highest place of honor on Allison's tree. Of course. Christmas card-making is in process too... very tough with Manda helping right along side me. A couple dozen down, a few more dozen to go! We had our family picture taken last weekend, so as soon as I edit the photos and make myself look beautiful, those can be printed and stuck in!

Letters to Santa have been written, and although I'm still trying to steer Manda to the stuff WE ALREADY BOUGHT, she's convinced she wants this horrid fifty-five dollar talking parrot from Target. It's awful, and will never be in my house. Sigh - - my will against the will of a 4-year-old.

Several gifts bought, others ordered, and still more ideas for gifts are coming slowly but surely. Lights are forthcoming this weekend, though we've already been outdone by some new neighbors. I think their lights are actually timed with music they've got playing. How cool is that?

5 comments:

Sandi said...

What a fun place, your house is. I highly recommend you get the talking parrot. You can hang it on the back porch. It's such a small thing and she will be gone before you know it. If I was her grandma, she would get it and we would keep it at my house.:-)What do the rest of you think, should Manda get the parrot?

The Dixon Family said...

I've seen those parrots at Target. I don't blame you for not wanting one . . .

Courtney said...

At least it isn't the talking horse at Toys R Us!

spencer said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. You are so organized! I look forward to seeing the cards that you send out.

The Malone's said...

I say get the parrot, at least outside it will "get sick" out in the rain!
Alas, christmas has started!